Rheinmetall will be revealing new products and technologies and demonstrating its long-held reputation of a reliable partner for armed forces worldwide at Eurosatory 2016.
The shifting geopolitical scene and experience won in recent deployed operations make it clear that hard-hitting, highly mobile, well-trained and well-equipped armed forces continue to be an indispensable tool of security policy.
Underscoring its longstanding reputation as a reliable partner to the world’s armed forces, at Eurosatory 2016 the group is unveiling the following products and technologies at the Rheinmetall Pavilion, D211-D261:
- Lynx: a new combat system, heralding the arrival of an innovative new family of tracked vehicles. The world premiere takes place at 10am on 14 June
- 130mm L/51 tank gun: an independently developed demonstrator for the main armament of a future generation of main battle tanks
- G-BKF: a protected recovery crane vehicle, developed for the Bundeswehr by Liebherr-Werk Ehingen GmbH, the protected driver’s cab and crane compartment both come from Rheinmetall.
- Remote Controlled Lightweight Missile Mount (RCLM): a new, extremely lightweight, easy-to-integrate, remotely controlled missile launcher
- Skynex: Rheinmetall’s new concept for a fully networked, next-generation ground-based air defence system
- Revolver Gun Mark 3: a new, network-enabled automatic cannon for air defence with a built-in sensor and tracking unit
Other products on show include:
- MBT Advanced Technology Demonstrator: a test bed for exploring the many ways of enhancing the combat performance and operational effectiveness of main battle tanks
- Puma: the German Bundeswehr’s new infantry fighting vehicle, which is spearheading a new era in mechanised warfare (on view at the PSM GmbH stand, D-270)
- HX family: from the core of a global fleet of high-mobility transport vehicles, this military-off-the-shelf product family can be hardened to deal with battlefield threats
- RMMV Survivor: a protected 4×4 vehicle configured for law enforcement operations
- Mission Equipment: sensors, laser light modules and fire control technology for the sensor-to-shooter sequence
- Soldier systems: customised solutions for integrating dismounted combat troops into the network-enabled warfare loop
- Weapon and ammunition competence ranging from infantry weapons to high-energy laser effectors
- Airburst technology for infantry applications, automatic cannon, air defence and main battle tanks
- High-energy laser effectors: a versatile, high-precision family of effectors, readily scalable to meet any threat
- Training and simulation: highly realistic, made-to-measure training, ranging from computer-supported learning to live training in combat training centres.
Rheinmetall is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of defence technology, enhancing the operational effectiveness of ground forces worldwide.
Formed at the beginning of 2016, the vehicle systems division is one of the world’s most robust organisations for tactical land mobility. Its product portfolio ranges from trucks and wheeled armoured systems to heavy tracked fighting vehicles.
At Eurosatory the public will get a first look at Rheinmetall’s new Lynx combat vehicle, the first of which is intended to be a new family of tracked armoured vehicles.
The unveiling takes place on Tuesday 14 June at 10am. The Lynx on display is configured as an infantry fighting vehicle.
For many years, Rheinmetall Air Defence, the former Oerlikon Contraves, has been among the most...
Rheinmetall is unveiling its new ground-based air defence system, Skynex, at Eurosatory 2016.The Oerlikon Skynex...