The Oerlikon Millennium Gun uses a 35mm revolver cannon and is a multi-mission weapon system designed for a wide operational spectrum covering anti-air, surface warfare and fire support, offering multi-role capabilities in one gun mount.
The 35mm Millennium Gun, with its unique Ahead airburst ammuntion, is a multi-mission, inner layer defence system (ILDS) capable of defeating anti-ship missiles and aircraft, multiple fast-attack craft, jet-skis and near-shore land targets in littoral and riverine waters.
It is also effective against submarine periscopes, offering an ASW capability. With a high rate of fire combined with accurately fuzed air-bursting ammunition, the Millennium Gun provides the necessary capability for ship self-protection in the modern asymmetric warfare environment. It extends ship self-protection to ranges greater than any close-in weapon system.
- Remote-controlled 35mm Naval Gun
- Designated for missions against air, surface and shore targets
- 35mm Oerlikon Revolver Cannon®
- Effective range air/surface: up to 3,500/5,000m
- 1,000 rounds/min fire burst rate, single and rapid single shot
- 252 Ahead ready-to-fire rounds
- No deck penetration, standard Ethernet interfaces
- ISO-mount, barrel camera, high green seas cupola possible options
For many years, Rheinmetall Air Defence, the former Oerlikon Contraves, has been among the most...
Rheinmetall is unveiling its new ground-based air defence system, Skynex, at Eurosatory 2016.The Oerlikon Skynex...