The Oerlikon Searanger 20 is a high-precision, stabilised 20mm remote-controlled gun station designed for mounting on any type of boat or ship. Apart from its use on light patrol and combat boats, this medium calibre, fast-firing gun is an ideal complement to current automated weapon systems on larger vessels and plays an important role in close-range defence.
The gun is remote controlled from a gunner station. The modular sensor unit is equipped with state-of-the-art electro-optical sensors and a video tracking unit.
Due to the integrated stabilisation and ballistics computation, target engagement is simple and effective. The integrated high-precision 20mm Oerlikon Cannon KAE is a very reliable weapon with a high rate of fire and excellent precision. It is simple to operate and maintain, while the belted ammunition feed contains up to 200 rounds ready to fire.
- Remote controlled Gun Station
- 20mm x 128 Oerlikon Cannon KAE
- Effective combat range : up to 2,000m
- Maximum rate of fire cannon : 1,000 rounds/min
- Rapid single shot mode: 200 rounds/min
- Single belt feed with up to 200 rounds ready to fire
- Modular electro-optical sensor package
- High precision firing and simple maintenance
- Video recording tool
For many years, Rheinmetall Air Defence, the former Oerlikon Contraves, has been among the most...
Rheinmetall is unveiling its new ground-based air defence system, Skynex, at Eurosatory 2016.The Oerlikon Skynex...