The Norwegian Defence Material Agency (NDMA) has congratulated Navantia and its subcontractors for the successful...
The Spanish Government has announced the acquisition of two new OPV’s (BAM) for the Spanish Navy, following the series of four already in service, built by Navantia from 2006 to 2012.
The ship is moderately-sized with a total length of between 90m and 95m and a displacement of 2,400 – 2,500t, a small crew and a high level of habitability. It is a high performance ship with great versatility regarding missions, enjoys a high level of system commonality with other Spanish Navy ships and has low acquisition and life cycle costs.
Its main missions are:
- Protection and escort of other ships
- Control of maritime traffic
- Control and neutralisation of terrorist actions and piracy
- Operations against drug trafficking and the traffic in persons
- Maritime rescue and salvage operations
- Crisis situation support and humanitarian assistance
- Control of fishing legislation
- Control of environmental and anti-pollution legislation
Navantia shipyard in San Fernando (Cadiz) will host on Saturday, July 24, the launching ceremony...
Navantia and Lockheed Martin have signed an agreement to renew their partnership for a new...
The 'Unmaned Semifixed Sea Platforms' (USSPs) project, in which Navantia is involved, has been selected...