Navantia has launched AL-JUBAIL, the first of five corvettes built for the Royal Saudi Naval...
The Spanish Government has announced the acquisition of two new OPV’s (BAM) for the Spanish Navy, following the series of four already in service, built by Navantia from 2006 to 2012.
The ship is moderately-sized with a total length of between 90m and 95m and a displacement of 2,400 – 2,500t, a small crew and a high level of habitability. It is a high performance ship with great versatility regarding missions, enjoys a high level of system commonality with other Spanish Navy ships and has low acquisition and life cycle costs.
Its main missions are:
- Protection and escort of other ships
- Control of maritime traffic
- Control and neutralisation of terrorist actions and piracy
- Operations against drug trafficking and the traffic in persons
- Maritime rescue and salvage operations
- Crisis situation support and humanitarian assistance
- Control of fishing legislation
- Control of environmental and anti-pollution legislation
Navantia has participated in the Underwater Defence & Security 2020 Conference. The event was organised...
In the framework of the Walrus-class replacement project, Navantia and Huisman Equipment has signed a...
Navantia has organised the first Dutch industry conference in Rotterdam with 70 professionals from more...