Navantia has moved to the next stage in the tender for the supply of the...
On 9 January, the F-100 class frigate ‘Cristóbal Colón’, under construction in Navantia for the Spanish Navy, left the shipyard dry dock after a period of dry docking for hull and platform readiness for sea trials, which will take place in March 2012.
During this month, Navantia will proceed to the completion of the Combat System integration functional trials, in order to have the sea trials in May. The frigate is now in the final phase of construction, and after the sea trials it is expected to be commissioned next July.
The fifth frigate incorporates new solutions and technology that will fulfil the most demanding challenges for present and future threats:
- Multipurpose vessel excellent performance in all types of sea states multi-purpose ship
- Medium-size ocean escort vessel
- Optimised for operating as flagship in conflict scenarios with capability to be part of an allied fleet and support expeditionary forces
- Capability to flexibly operate in littoral waters or high seas conditioned to conflict challenges
- High air warfare capability
It also incorporates important improvements in systems and equipment:
- Lockheed martin aegis system linked to radar SPY-1D (V)
- Integration of new Spanish sensors and weapons into the Aegis System by means of a new version of CDS developed by Navantia- FABA Systems
- New IPMS developed by Navantia – FABA Systems
- Updated system of the navigation data distribution network
- Navantia / Caterpillar Bravo 16V propulsion engines
- RAS sliding padeyes
- Retractable bow thrusters for ship manoeuvring and emergency
- Waterline length: 133.20m
- Full load displacement: 6,041t
- Full load draught: 5m
- Maximum speed: 28.5 knots
- Cruising speed: 18 knots
- Endurance at cruising speed: 4,500 miles
- Crew: 234 people
Significant shipbuilding data:
- Number of compartments: 573
- Tons of hull steel: 2.450t
- Metres of cable: 315m
- Metres of piping: 37m
The Australian Department of Defence has signed the acceptance certificate of NUSHIP Stalwart, the second...
The ship NB 546 AL-JUBAIL, the first of five corvettes that Navantia builds for the...
The Spanish company has been shortlisted in the Miecznik competition to build three frigates in...