The Naval Air Systems Command awards Boeing a $115m contract to provide spares and repair equipment for the MQ-25A Stingray aircraft, ensuring readiness and maintainability during its first deployment. 

The project is expected to be completed by July 2026 and will see 80% of the work performed in St. Louis, Missouri, and the remaining 20% in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The Boeing Co., headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, goal is to enhance the aircraft’s readiness, maintainability, and reliability by ensuring the delivery of essential spares and repair equipment to support the MQ-25A Stingray’s operational capabilities.

The original contract to Boeing from the US Navy to engineer and manufacture the development of the MQ-25A Stingray unmanned aerial refueller had a value of $805.3m. The initial contract involved the supply of four of the drones. An agreement was awarded in 2020 worth $84.7m that added three additional MQ-25A Stingray unmanned in-flight refuelling tankers to the US Navy’s inventory. 

The Naval Air Systems Command, located in Patuxent River, Maryland, has been identified as the contracting activity responsible for overseeing this procurement.

The US Navy’s MQ-25A Stingray unmanned refuelling aircraft completed its first test flight in 2019

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The MQ-25A Stingray aircraft is an asset for the US Navy, designed to serve as an unmanned carrier-based aerial refuelling platform. With Boeing’s commitment to providing initial spares and repair equipment, the programme is expected to enhance the Navy’s operational capabilities further.

The US Navy’s E-2D Advanced Hawkeye can be refuelled by the MQ-25 Stingray through aerial refuelling.

As the project progresses, Boeing’s collaboration with the Navy will likely support the development of advanced unmanned aerial systems.