The vessel is being developed under ‘Project Cetus’ to provide enhanced underwater warfare abilities to the RN.
Ships that can be called fully ‘green’ don’t just use alternative fuels for power but need to be radical redesigns from the hull up.
DDG 123 is a Flight IIA destroyer that features Aegis Combat System to defeat a variety of adversaries.
The new warships will enhance the RSNF’s readiness to carry out maritime security missions in the region.
The training is part of DoD’s HMA programme that aims to assist partner nations’ forces in safe disposal of landmines.
Get industry leading news, data and analysis delivered to your inbox
As military operations evolve into grey zone, cyber, and multi-domain operations, training concepts and systems too have to advance in order to prepare operators for the battlefields of the future.
The two firms will work to modernise the US Navy combat systems for the surface fleet.
The contract will help widen the service’s autonomous systems and machine learning capabilities.
While speculation continues over the fate of Taiwan’s semiconductor factories in the event of an invasion by Beijing, US Ambassador O’Brien emphasises the importance of denying China the chipmaking infrastructure.
The MACH-TB related contract was initially awarded in October by the NSWC, Crane Division.
USS Chancellorsville recently conducted its routine FONOP in the waters near the Spratly Islands.
The company will develop and incorporate new technology for the aircraft.
RADA will have a 19.5% ownership stake in the new company while Leonardo will own the remaining 80.5%.
Delivery of the fourth AOPS to the RCN is expected to take place next year.
The SVL ships will help in gathering oceanographic and geophysical data.