The Aligner 224 optical tracking evaluation system features a separate video acquisition unit, which enables up to four gun cameras and four ships tracker/director cameras to be connected.
It features alignment analysis where the video from a gun camera is compared to that of the ship’s IR tracking camera. It also includes rapid attachment of the camera or tilt sensor in a few seconds. Self-aligning gun adapters can be attached with extreme accuracy, unaffected of barrel wear or whether the bore is smooth or rifled.
There is no need for adjustments or security straps, just insert and go.
Cross hairs can be calibrated for both gun cameras and for the ship’s tracker cameras, thus enabling true absolute and relative measurements to be made.
Main features include:
- Project-oriented; one ship / occasion – one project
- Easily retrieve results from any project
- Built-in step-by-step guided alignment procedures – auto calculated roll, pitch, azimuth, elevation – no manual calculations
- Up to eight video sources can be connected
- Up to four video channels can be monitored/recorded/replayed simultaneously
- Ship’s tracker director cameras and A224 Gun Cameras can be combined arbitrarily
- True gun barrel axis measurement
- High precision, i.e. resolution, repeatability and accuracy
- High optical/mechanical stability over temperature and time
- Precise gun camera installation in only a few seconds
- Gun camera is self-aligned to the bore. No adjustments necessary
- Gun adapters for Aligner 308 and all Aligner 2xx systems are compatible
- Built-in electronic cross hairs
- Electronic cross hairs setup for ship’s tracker/director cameras
- Built-in optional video tracker enables convenient target tracking in multiple windows, simultaneously
- Built-in step-by-step guided calibration functions
Aligner 224, Mk4
The separate video acquisition unit is suitable for a wide choice of PCs, including rugged, mil-spec laptops.