SAES collaboration in the proposal includes underwater systems and artificial intelligence technologies. SAES and Navantia...
ROASW system is a two-system segment (surface segment ROASW-SS & airborne segment ROASW-AS) capable to operate an ASW / ASuW mission by means of controlling remotely from the ROASW-SS manned / unmanned air vehicle in order to receive via data relay (STANAG 7085 compliance) the acoustic and tactical information from sensors (passive, active and digital).
The ROASW-SS is also capable of receiving from the ROASW-AS non acoustic information like Radar and EO.
ROASW-SS is a powerful acoustic processing system for the detection and tracking of enemy submarines. ROASW-SS supplies the following technical capabilities:
- Number of sonobuoys managed: 32 (expandable to up to 64)
- VHF band: 136 MHz to 174 MHz
- Type of sonobuoys: LOFAR, DIFAR, VLAD, ADAR, LFCS, BARRA, HIDAR, CAMBS, ANM & BATHY
- Analysis tools: narrowband, broadband, transient, Demon, Double Demon, Swath
- Localisation tools: multistatic plot, energy plot, automatic cross fixing, target mpvement analysis (TMA), closest point of approach (CPA)
- Performance prediction tools: Ray tracing, mean detection range (MDR), probability detection range (PDR)
- Classification tool: Harmonic and modulation dividers. Interacts with an acoustic intelligence database (ACINT)
- Onboard acoustic information recording: Yes, STANAG 4283 compliance
- Post-nission analysis ROASW-SS incorporates a fast time analyser system (FTAS).
ROASW-AS provides air-vehicle naval mission capabilities without the need of a dedicated operator.
ROASW-AS is capable of receiving sonobuoy information from deployed sonobuoys, acquire and preprocess selected sonobuoy data, and relay that information together with tactical data to a ROASW-SS ship/base.
It is also capable to receive acoustic and non acoustic information (Radar, EO) from ROASW-AS:
- Type of communication: Line of sight (LOS): Ship-to-Helo (S2H) & Ship-to-Ship (S2S)
- Type of antenna: RF directional & omnidirectional antennas
- Communication band: Ku Band
- Interoperability standards: STANAG 7085
- Link Range: 30Nm
- Selectable data rate: 200 Kbps, 400 Kbps, 2 Mbps, 10,71 Mbps, 21,42 Mbps & 44,73 Mbps
The SEA Defence project 'Survivability, Electrification, Automation, Detectability, Enabling Foresight of European Naval Capabilities in...
The Board of Directors of SAES has agreed to appoint Joaquín López Pagán as the...
The SAES Board of Directors of SAES has agreed to appoint Sofía Honrubia Checa, commercial...