Vitavox is a supplier of tactical communication products for the defence industry, including tactical intercom...
The Vitavox watertight, pressure-tight loudspeaker and talk-back microphone is a cone-type unit designed for use in external positions on submarines, including the bridge and dive chamber areas.
The loudspeaker is installed on the Royal Navy Astute class of submarine.
- Used as both a loudspeaker and a microphone
- Maximum power output 5W (peak 20W)
- X-rayed to ensure casting composition and integrity
- The pressure-tight chamber formed by a body casting of high tensile naval bronze (Nickel Aluminium Bronze NES 747 Pt2)
- Tested to maximum shock testing limits possible by QinetiQ at Rosyth
- Mounting via a vertical support or bulkhead to ensure efficient drainage of the speaker cone
- Secured to the bulkhead by 6 x M10 or 3/8in studs
- Effective form, fit and function replacement for the 5965-00-583-4106 Permanent Magnet Loudspeaker (NH200, C6518, LS450/B, LS450B, 815-1853087)
- Twice the output volume
- More ruggedised construction
- No terminals exposed to seawater (corrosion free)
- NOT subject to ITAR restrictions
- Full UK design and manufacture
A truly Software-Defined (SD) system, VITAVIC 400 is a fully digital, military specification intercom designed...
Tactical communications specialist, Vitavox, has built on its extensive experience in the military sector by...
General Dynamics UK has awarded Vitavox a contract with a potential value of £2.8m to...