New Contract for Intermarine
The contract for the refitting of the minehunters, Gaeta Class, signed between Intermarine and the Italian Navy on 31 July 2009, after the approval of the Italian Corte dei Conti, entered its execution phase at the end of October.
The contract will develop over the period 2010 to 2018 and it will grant the extension of the operational life of the minehunters through:
- the replacement of the Sonar System VDS SQQ 14/IT with the Sonar System Thales 2093
- the refitting of the Command and Control System
- the refitting of the Telecommunications System
- several changes and improvements of the various onboard systems
- structural changes to obtain a protected area for underwater vehicles.