DATA MODUL (formerly CONRAC)
MIL Qualified Displays and Rugged Panel Computers for the Marine Defence Industry
Mil Qualified Displays and Rugged Panel Computers for the Marine Defence Industry
We are a market leader for the development and supply of special display solutions for mobile, military and marine applications. The product portfolio covers a wide range of rugged, specialised and customised LCD monitors, widescreen displays for ECDIS, RADAR, NAVIGATION and marine panel computers.
CONRAC GmbH – now renamed to DATA MODUL – CONRAC remaining as brand name, has always been a leader in providing innovative technology to the naval industry. Active in this industry, the company has at all times played a pioneering role in the display business. Thousands of installations worldwide speak for themselves.
Thanks to an advanced R&D department with unique expertise and a product management team with unbeatable global market knowledge, we always stay one step ahead. Committed to technologically advanced and cost-effective display solutions, special R&D teams create highly-engineered products of exceptional quality and reliability, using only the latest and most reliable technologies. Special developments like our cTEC features, guarantee trouble-free operation, prolong the product’s lifetime and reduce the cost of ownership.
Large screen rugged panel computers and displays
CONRAC wide screen displays are the ideal solution for the display of electronic charts, tactical situation reports and automation control information. The displays are optionally available according to MIL-STD-167 (vibration), 810 (shock / temperature) and 461 (EMI) and withstand severe underwater explosions of up to 100g. The screen sizes offered range up to 55in, options available are touch screens and additional shock mounts.
Marine grade panel computers for maritime environments
The highly innovative wideECDIS series has been specially designed for a maritime environment, ECDIS, RADAR, navigation and ship control applications. The 16:10 wide screen format allows the user to dramatically increase the amount of information displayed which is important for compliance with the new radar standard. All marine grade displays are fully dimmable and compliant with the relevant standards.
Mobile rugged panel computers for harsh environments
Customised mobile devices engineered to withstand the toughest environmental conditions in applications such as mobile use in vehicles and shelters, ship and airborne use, simulation and applications involving extreme magnetic interference.
Fully customised OEM displays and panel computers
Our modular concept ensures cost-effective solutions with very high quality standards, avoiding unnecessary over-engineering which contributes to a reduced cost of ownership. The displays can be customised to suit the user’s needs. Options for our ruggedised / customised marine grade displays include:
- Integrated controllers or industrial / marine grade / ruggedised PCs
- Touch screen integration
- Sunlight readable displays
- Optical bonding
- Different mounting solutions (e.g. shock mounts)
- Client software
Product features of the ruggedised / customised marine grade displays include:
- Design and engineering for 24/7, continuous operation with high reliability and durability
- Modular product design for easy customisation and ruggedisation
- Designated for landscape and portrait mode applications for utmost flexibility and adaptation to the customer’s requirements
- Contrast enhancing safety glass for maximised safety and display protection as well as superior image contrast due to efficient anti-glare treatment
- Wide dimming range backlight inverter
- Robust fire-retardant aluminium housings, ensuring persistence even in the most demanding applications
- Corrosion protection
- Protection according to various IP ratings depending on the application (ingress protection ratings)
- Extended temperature range, climate control and display heating for operation under extreme temperatures and /or temperature variations and highest system availability
- Shock and vibration resistance for stable operation and long lifetime under critical ambient conditions
- Approvals to the relevant standards
Professional project management for the marine defence industry
Services offered by DATA MODUL:
- Professional project management
- Development and prototyping
- Factory acceptance test
- Long-term supply guarantees
- Obsolescence management
Our company philosophy is not to just offer state-of-the-art products, but to provide our customers with the best display or system solution for their projects.
For decades, project management from consulting and conceptual design to series production and after-sale service has been part of our business. Long standing relationships with our project partners clearly prove the success of this strategy.