The SHALDAG-Class fast patrol boats (FPBs) are built by Israel Shipyards Limited (ISL) to meet the challenging coastal security requirements of navies across the globe.
GRUP ARESA INTERNATIONAL, established in 1961 in Arenys de Mar (Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain), is dedicated to the design, construction and lifecycle support of civil and high-tech military vessels up to 60m length. With more than 20 years of international experience and 1,200 boats built, our group sells 90% of our production to more than 25 countries in four continents and specialises in the implementation of government projects.
The experience of the company, together with a constant investment in R&D, has resulted in our products being a reference in the national and international naval sector. Among our value-added services, GRUP ARESA INTERNACIONAL includes the installation of a service company in target countries such as Algeria (Alger), Cameroon (Douala), Angola (Luanda) and Nigeria (Lagos).
High-speed and coastal patrol military vessels
Security in all maritime areas around the world is a priority of any government. That is why GRUP ARESA INTERNATIONAL provides comprehensive solutions to its clients, offering turnkey projects of patrol and intervention boats.
The main missions carried out by GRUP ARESA INTERNATIONAL’s defence and patrol boats are anti-piracy, anti-drug, immigration and border control, and surveillance of any kind in the maritime area. Our comprehensive range of high-speed vessels includes:
Grup Aresa Internacional
- Aresa 4200 OPV The Guardian, 42m in length and capable of 30kn
- Aresa 3200 OPV Patrol, 32m in length and 27kn
- Aresa 2400 CPV Defender, 24.5m in length and capable of over 30kn
- Aresa 2300 LD Craft, 23.3m in length and capable of over 15kn
- Aresa 1800 Fighter, 17.3m in length and capable of over 40kn
- Aresa 1600 CPV Protector, 16m in length and capable of over 42kn
- Aresa 1300 Sentinel, 13.10m in length and capable of 45kn
- Aresa 1200 Stealth RIB, 12.5m in length and capable of 50kn
- Aresa 1200 Interceptor RIB, 12m in length and capable of 40kn
- Aresa 1200 Defcon RIB, 13.2m in length and capable of 42kn
- Aresa 750 Commandos RIB, 7.5m in length and capable of 42kn
- Aresa 550 Commandos RIB, 5.80m in length and capable of 35kn
- Aresa 400 Commandos RIB, 4.30m in length and capable of 40kn
Advanced composites for naval vessels
In 1976 GRUP ARESA INTERNATIONAL built one of the first female moulds in Europe and the first in Spain, for glass reinforced plastic boats of more than 15m in length.
Since the year 2000, our group has operated the largest female mould in the European private industry, for vessels of 50m in length, using the most advanced systems in the application of these materials. These include vacuum infusion, VIP system, RTM Light and CCBM.
Among the construction and design systems used and defined by the company, the following are distinguished by their innovative nature and the advantages that have contributed to the quality of our products:
- The definition of the double dihedric hull for gliding hulls
- Use of sandwich laminate construction in hulls and decks
- Construction of interior fittings, laminated by GRP
- Anchoring of mechanical elements on deck and hull, without using mechanical means or holes drilled in the laminates
- Use of bulb bows and hull flaps
- High-speed interception and coastal patrol vessels
GRUP ARESA INTERNACIONAL’s value-added services include the installation of a service company in the target countries, after the completion of the project. GRUP ARESA INTERNATIONAL sends teams of technicians to the country to carry out various actions, such as:
- Product commissioning
- International training courses
- Large-scale repairs plans
- Integral, continuous maintenance
- Commercial actions
GRUP ARESA INTERNACIONAL also works closely and thoroughly with brokers and joint venture companies that provide strategic commercial alliances. Thus, trade ties are formed locally that enable the product to be adapted to the various stages in the production chain.
Certified military vessels
In addition to Spanish legislation regarding boat building, ships built by GRUP ARESA INTERNACIOINAL meet several international standards in compliance with all the naval classification certifications, ISO 9001-2008, ISO 14001-2004 and EMAS standards. Equally, our vessels are subject to more than 150 points of quality control in the construction process and the assembly line in our yard.
The Philippine Navy ordered a class of two multi-mission capable frigates from South Korean shipbuilding company Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), under the Frigate Acquisition Project (FAP), which is aimed at protecting the country’s territorial waters.
The FPB 110 MKII fast patrol boat was designed and developed by French shipbuilding company OCEA to meet multiple mission requirements of navies and coast guard agencies across the world.
The Cameroonian Navy (CN) has taken delivery of two new 24m-long ARESA 2400 CPV Defender and one new 23m-long ARESA 2300 LD Craft to help the force safeguard their maritime domains.