JEUMONT Electric, a century-old world-class pioneer in electrical energy technologies, has a global offering in the field of HV/LV electrical rotating machines and conversion equipment. The company operates in a variety of markets, including general industry, oil and gas, energy production, and marine propulsion.
JEUMONT Electric has been part of the Altawest group since 2007, which aims to provide global solutions in energy generation and conversion.
Energy generation and conversion lie at the heart of JEUMONT Electric’s activities. The firm is committed to taking up the challenges of the 21st century, responding to the energy demand, improving energy efficiency, and building a world that is respectful of mankind and the environment.
Propulsion systems, vessel motors and synchronous alternators for military or civilian vessels
JEUMONT Electric is a world leader in the field of electrical machines and equipment onboard military or civilian vessels. Having built up vast experience supported by significant references, the company is capable of meeting the most stringent requirements in terms of:
- Enhanced acoustical discretion and low vibration level
- Reliability and safety of operation
JEUMONT Electric’s product offering encompasses onboard power generation, power distribution, the main propulsion systems and auxiliary motors. The company is world-leading provider of electrical propulsion systems with a core focus on permanent magnet synchronous machines meant for submarines, frigates and technology intensive vessels where compactness and discretion are paramount.
Electrical machines and converters for maritime applications
The range of electrical machines and converters offered by JEUMONT Electric has been designed to comply with maritime requirements and, more specifically, can be upgraded for use in harsh environments when required.
JEUMONT Electric has the capability to offer a fine balance between innovative products with market advantages in mass, volume and reliability, while respecting the commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) principles.
References in the marine military industry
For decades, JEUMONT Electric has been working with major shipyards, naval architects and ship designers, such as the French DCNS, FINCANTIERI, KOCKUMS, ASC… regarding the design and build of complete energy-propulsion systems. The list of references is outstanding.
In France, JEUMONT Electric will supply the main power generation onboard the new BARRACUDA SSN submarines. The company also has substantial prospects in the surface ships market.
Within the framework of the French-Italian programme of the European frigates (FREMM), JEUMONT Elecric is supplying the electrical propulsion system in the context of a CODLAG/CODLOG arrangement.
- 2011-2014, Brazil: CTMPS; 1 permanent magnet electric motor for the Nucleo Electric Generation Laboratory (LABGENE)
- 2011-2016, Brazil: DCNS; 4 Scorpene propulsion and power generation
- 2011, Germany: STX; 1 Hapag Lloyd Europa 2 power generation and thrusters
- 2010-2016, India: MAZAGON; 6 Scorpene propulsion and power generation
- 2009, France: STX; 1 landing platform dock power generation and thrusters
- 2008-2012, France: DCNS; 3 SSN/Barracuda main and auxiliary generators
- 2008-2010, Morocco: DCNS; 1 propulsion system for FREMM Frigate
- 2006-2013, France: DCNS; 11 propulsion systems for FREMM Frigate
- 2006-2010, Italy / Fincantieri; 6 propulsion systems for FREMM Frigate