SEASTactics is the new edge of whole ship integration for patrol vessels and for units...
Seastema presented the new platform SW MPEV, a technology conceived and developed as a response to the high-quality requirements of the Italian ‘Defence Act’ for the renewal plan of the Italian Navy’s fleet during IDEX-NAVDEX, one of the world’s most important defence and security exhibitions held in Abu Dhabi. The platform will be installed on the first LSS (Logistic Support Ship) ship.
The design reviews and testing phases, currently ongoing, are carried out in close cooperation with the Italian Navy , that validated the technical solutions, expressing satisfaction and appreciation.
The main features of the new MPEV platform, which replaces the one previously used on the FREMM frigates, foresee:
- Development on MS Windows 10 OS, also compatible with Windows 7;
- Multi-touch functionalities, similar to those used on smartphones (gesture, pinch to zoom, panning);
- Video pages Zoom with maintenance of the dynamic properties of objects (useful for representing distributed systems such as bilge, water, fuel systems etc.);
- Smart graphics with full use of the latest, high-performance graphics library WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation);
- Architecture can be set as Client/Server or Multi-master;
- Increased performance in terms of times command response – monitor response;
- Lighter software which does not require the use of dedicated server machines in multi-master configuration;
- Self-diagnostic feature enhancement of the software which highlights details on operation of single components such as computers temperatures, wear solid-state disks, operation of each port of the Network Switch;
- The LAM (Login and Application Manager) Module allows easy integration of third party packages;
- First level of cyber security included in the package. MPEV allows also further development with both proprietary and third modules.
The platform has the following several advantages for customers, being entirely developed in Seastema with proprietary technology:
- Ability to meet specific customer requirements not present in standard packages;
- Higher chance of applications developing in collaboration with third parties System Integrator;
- Higher maintenance support during the life cycle of the ship;
- Rapidity in technological upgrades and the resolution of malfunctions;
- Focus on future development of the product according to the needs of key segments.
Seastema has obtained the MED/4.16 Type Approval Certificate of Conformity of its SEAS-PILOT HCS autopilot...
SEASTEMA and HANWHA SYSTEMS have delivered the SEASNavy Engineering Control System (ECS) on the first...
Seastema, the Marine Automation provider of the Fincantieri Group, was chosen for the delivery of...