Video Trackers, Tracking Systems and Controllers
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Electro-Optical Imaging is an industry leader in the design, development and manufacture of high-performance automatic video trackers and fully integrated tracking systems. With an unparalleled cadre of technical experts, E-O Imaging offers their customers specialised products and capabilities, including nonstandard video interfaces, high resolution graphics, trajectory and target simulators, weapons scoring systems, real-time image processing, sensor fusion and custom optics.
E-O Imaging offers a diverse line of off-the-shelf video trackers that are easily adapted to meet the most complex and demanding test range, tactical and surveillance applications. These field-tested products incorporate an open architecture, enabling customer-specialised algorithms and functions to be easily incorporated into the tracker’s FPGA and DSP structure, where they are performed in real-time without additional external hardware.
Automatic video trackers
Trackers are available for VMEbus, PCI , PCI Express and custom platforms and interface with standard sensor formats, including RS-170, NTSC, PAL, CCIR and the latest digital sensor technology, such as camera link (base, medium, full), high definition (HD-SDI) 720p, 1080i, 1080p and other nonstandard format sensors.
In a majority of system level applications, E-O Imaging’s video tracker products form the core element of the system. In addition to performing basic tracking functions, the trackers can operate as the system controller, implementing functions such as camera/lens control, target and trajectory simulation, mount control diagnostics, data logging and system diagnostics.
High performance, fully integrated tracking systems
The Series 6000 family of video trackers is now considered a legacy product and is not recommended for new designs. E-O Imaging plans to continue support of this product line due to the large number of fielded units.
- Model 6005/6006 VMEbus Edge/Centroid/Correlation tracker
- Model 6007/6006 PCI Edge/Centroid/Correlation tracker
The Series 7000 family of video trackers is E-O Imaging’s latest line of video trackers demonstrating their ongoing commitment to leading edge tracker technology and is comprised of the following products.
- Model 7005/7006-CL VMEbus Edge/Centroid/Correlation tracker
- Model 7005/7006-HD VMEbus Edge/Centroid/Correlation tracker
- Model 7007/7008 PCI Edge/Centroid/Correlation tracker
- Model 7010/7011 PCI-Express Edge/Centroid/Correlation tracker
- Model 7100M miniaturised tracker
- PCI/PCI-e video interface modules for HD-SDI, camera link and DVI-D video
The Series 7000 video trackers bring a new level of capability and performance to E-O Imaging’s video tracker product line. The Series 7000 product line incorporates features such as camera link full and HD-SDI video inputs, 5x5 imaging processing kernel, multi-target detection and tracking, embedded gigabit Ethernet, background clutter rejection, and the ability to handle 2Kx2K sensor formats, to highlight a few.
To complement its extensive family of tracker products, E-O Imaging developed the Model 7100M and Series 8000 miniaturised trackers, which provide the full range of operational performance found in all 7000-family products but are packaged in a minimised form factor. The Series 8000 is designed primarily for surveillance applications where limited size, power and cost are of primary concern.
Tracking system engineering
E-O Imaging’s tracker products can be tailored to accommodate a wide range of custom applications. Their highly-qualified staff of senior engineers is disciplined in:
- Time, space and position information (TSPI) systems: optical / video and radar-based computer control / processing systems for orbital, ballistic re-entry, and in-air targets TSPI derivation
- Command, control and communications: communications system for TSPI and range parametric information dissemination; parametric / graphic processing and display systems for command / control
- Data acquisition and mensuration systems: systems for collection of parametric and discrete real-time data; wide array of requirements in terms of capacity, performance, capabilities, accuracy, pre/post calibration and processing / reduction requirements
Contact E-O Imaging to discuss developing an innovative solution for your tracking requirements. You can learn more about our innovative, cost-effective products and services by visiting our website.