Naval Mines, Maritime Security and Simulation
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
SAES - S.A. Electrónica Submarina specialises in undersea security and defence, providing some of the most advanced multi-influence naval mines on the market.
Simulation and training systems are needed for highly trained military forces. Other reasons are to reduce cost in manoeuvres, training on specific contents and shorter development deadlines. Various lines of products of SAES cover safety in these areas.
Advanced naval mines
Combining a wide variety of sensors and sophisticated processing algorithms, SAES has developed advanced naval mines for varied uses that comprise:
- MINEA Combat is the most advanced multi-influence naval mine available. MINEA family includes moored mines, shallow water mines and cylindrical bottom mines
- MINEA Exercise version is available to be used for MCM training and to gather intelligence information through the measuring and recording of ship signatures
- MILA is a smart limpet mine that incorporates a detonation system controlled by a computer. It is available in exercise (reusable and inert) and combat versions
Likewise, in mine warfare field, SAES is highly specialised in technical and technological support for construction or updating of minehunters, including CRV vibration and noise monitoring system, training system, acoustic tracking system (ATS).
Other important aspect is the signature measurement. Please visit our website or the SAES Underwater Signature profile on this site to know more about SAES multi-influence range systems for measurement and analysis of signatures specifically designed to provide navies with necessary knowledge to be applied in mine warfare.
Maritime security to protect from new threats
Today, asymmetrical threats in the fields of defence and international security make it necessary to deploy underwater protection systems for ports, drilling platforms, anchored boats, power plants, large oil refining companies, and any infrastructure of interest and extremely important which require protection.
The development of systems to facilitate protection of the environment, wrecks and marine life is also a key factor.
SAES provides protection and undersea surveillance integrated systems, which are adapted to every need. Solutions include:
- SIDIS: Integrated Surveillance System. A modular system and easily adaptable to specific operational environments and requirements based on the selection of the most appropriate sensors
- SIMOAC: Acoustic monitoring system. To measure and analyse the underwater acoustic environment, and also to detect the presence of marine mammals in a specific area, including their localisation
Simulation and training
SAES develops following solutions fully adapted to customer requirements, including:
- SIM / STIM: sonar simulator / stimulator
- Submarine tactical simulators
- Naval tactical simulator
- TAT: tactical acoustic trainer
- EDM: environmental development model
- Mine-hunting training system
Other lines of products include:
- Sonar and on-board systems: DDS-03 - Intruder Detection Sonar, SOLARSUB - Towed Array Sonar, SOCILSUB - Cylindrical Sonar Modernization, SICLA - Acoustic Classification System, ONMS - Own Noise Monitoring System, SEAPROF - Undersea Acoustic Performance Prediction System
- Underwater signature measurements: MIRS - Multi-influence Range System, DEWARS - Deep Water Acoustic Range System, SET-200/P - Underwater Electric Potential Sensor, ACINT & SIGINT
- ASW systems based on Sonobuoy Processing: on-board and ground. SPAS Family. Up to 32 passive, active and digital sonobuoys simultaneously. ROASW - Remote Operation ASW System, FTAS - Fast Time Analyzer System, TAT - Tactical Acoustic Trainer
- Engineering services and maintenance: technical and engineering services on underwater technology area and ASW, from design phases up to maintenance and customer support as well the training of personnel
SAES - Sociedad Anónima de Electrónica Submarina
Ctra La Algameca s/n
+34 968 50 82 14
+34 968 50 77 13
Available White Papers
ASW Solutions for the Modern ASW Framework The emergence of new military technologies has dramatically affected to the traditional concept of operation of the anti-submarine warfare missions (ASW).
SAES Releases Underwater Acoustic Pollution: Sources and Biological Impact Study Humans perceive the underwater noise in a limited way, which has led him to make an abusive use of some systems that perturb the underwater environment.
Underwater Multi-Influence Measurements for Characterising Overall Vessel Signature and Protecting Marine Environments The overall signature of a vessel comprises acoustic, magnetic, electric-field, pressure and seismic radiations.